Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm still alive..

Damn, it's been more than three months since I've posted the last update. I've been very busy lately with university and two jobs, and I just haven't found the time to work on the engine. This week, I could finally dedicate some time to programming again.

I've completed the character controller and the terrain renderer, added support for sky boxes and improved the water shader. In addition to the usual reflection/refraction stuff, it eliminates hard edges where water and terrain meet: i render the distance between the water surface and the ground into a texture and then use this to mix the distorted refraction/reflection with the undistorted refraction.

6 comments:

  1. you the man! keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your engine looks awesome! You could really power a whole generation of developers with your consept. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want moooore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i would like to get in contact with you. i responded to your request on polycount regarding the tank model, i belive that we could be benificial to each other. respond to my polycount mail.
    cheers and keeep up the good work.

    donkeypartygame@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete