Monday, September 3, 2007

No tech demo yet - but good progress and a first video

Just when I had almost finished the level for the tech demo, I realized that some new bugs have crept in. Shadow maps were corrupted, frustum culling returned false positives etc. While fixing those bugs, I came to the brilliant conclusion that the demo would be much more impressive if it featured physics. So I implemented ODE, realized that it won't run properly before I've got some decent space partitioning working, started over, implemented octrees and then ODE again.

I did not want to be left empty-handed, so I've thrown together this short, low-quality presentation of the engine's most prominent features:

6 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the tech demo!! w0000000000t!! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the engine open source ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't decided yet. i will definitely publish the shaders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too bad, would be a great resource to learn from :)

    hope you change your mind ! it looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It's impressive, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete